Right now, it is a good time to check in with yourself. How are you?
- Family support. Right now with the Coronavirus, we need to make extra effort to keep in touch with family members. How are your relationships?
- Keep a positive attitude. “We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” – Carlos Castaneda
- Perseverance. The pandemic might make you feel “down and depressed.” Right now, more than ever, it’s important to take care of yourself and your loved ones. Never give up!
- Help people. Can you find one way to help people? Donate food, donate money to an organization, or volunteer.
- Exercise. Do yoga, walk, jump rope, dance, lift weights, or use exercise machines. Do you exercise every day?
- Eat well and take vitamins. Make sure to take vitamin D.
- “Go with the flow.” Be in the present moment. Learn to let go of your thoughts.
- Share your feelings with someone that you trust. Create strong kinships and bonds. Do you express your love?
- Laugh. Have a sense of humor. Watch funny movies.
- Reduce your time on social media. Don’t get trapped!
- Pray or meditate every day. It is important to connect with your inner self and the divine. How do you feel about God (or the divine) lately?
- Keep in touch with your church or spiritual center. Attend services each week (online or in person). As a group, we can be there for each other in challenging times.